Hotels and hotels are usually divided into business type and tourist resort type. Business type hotels are usually located in economically developed cities to receive business travel guests, highlighting functions such as office, meeting, and business banquets; tourist resort type hotels are usually set up In tourist attractions, the most prominent is the function of vacation and leisure. But this distinction is relative, and their functions often intersect each other; in addition, from the perspective of architectural features, the various spaces divided based on functions inside and outside the hotel are roughly the same. Therefore, from the perspective of hotel halogen LED lighting design, their commonality is basically the same.
Warm White Light Sources Should Be Widely Used, With A Color Temperature Of About 3000K
The basis is: no matter what type of hotel, creating a cordial, warm and friendly atmosphere should be their common appeal, and the lighting environment provided by the Food UFO High Bay Light source with a color temperature of 3000K can strengthen this feature of the wine point.
- Based on the research on the temperature perception and space perception of color based on human vision, the color that is more orange-yellow is the same as the color that is more blue-purple. When compared at the same time, orange-yellow makes people feel warm and close to us; based on memory , when the above colors are compared continuously, the result is the same.
- This kind of perception, in terms of deep arousal at the psychological level, is closely related to such psychological evaluations and emotional activities as kindness, warmth, and friendliness.
- Based on engineering practice, whenever a hotel lighting project can fully implement this principle without interference from all sides, the effect will be very good.
In The Case Of The Same Nominal Color Temperature Of The Light Source, It Is Necessary To Analyze The Light Color Of Different Types Of Light Sources In Detail
- Take incandescent lamps and compact fluorescent lamps as examples only. An incandescent lamp labeled 2800K and a compact fluorescent lamp labeled 2850K (or 2700K) just indicate that their color appearance is roughly the same, but the color of the light (color appearance and light color are still the same) There are different evaluations, that is, there are still subtle differences in color perception: due to their different spectral compositions, the light emitted by incandescent lamps is very similar to cobalt yellow or cadmium yellow of watercolor paints, and the tone is “loud” and “transparent”; while compact The light emitted by the fluorescent lamp is very earthy yellow, and the color tone is a bit cloudy.
- Therefore, the lighting design should select the light source category in a targeted manner. Under the condition of the same color temperature, it is necessary to comprehensively weigh whether they are energy-saving in terms of luminous flux, average life, whether they are easy to maintain, and the choice between light color. “Green lighting” (I advocate that “green lighting” should be treated in detail), instead of incandescent lamps.
- For high-end hotels, energy saving and easy maintenance are important. For example, the average lifespan of a good compact fluorescent lamp can reach 10,000 hours (while the incandescent lamp is only one-tenth of it), although the hotel does not need The cost of replacing bulbs is reduced, but “pure light color” is sacrificed. (4) As for the issue of energy saving and prolonging the life of the bulb, as far as the current domestic situation is concerned, a large part of it can be adjusted in a timely manner through an intelligent control system, like the Bank of China headquarters building, in combination with natural lighting and the brightness requirements of guest activities. Light, to be resolved. Of course, there are many ways to save energy, but it is beyond the scope of this article.
Pay Special Attention To The Relationship Between Color Temperature And Illuminance
Use the matching relationship between illumination and color temperature to carefully create a suitable space atmosphere. Generally speaking, the color temperature and illuminance should be matched in direct proportion, that is, high illuminance and high color temperature, and vice versa. The lighting design habit of domestic hotels is often that the color temperature is high, but the illumination is generally low, and they often fall into the “gloomy” atmosphere shown in the figure below. This should be given sufficient attention in future design practice.
If Direct Lighting Can Be Used, Indirect Lighting Is Not Used
Light troughs have been widely used in all kinds of commercial space lighting, and even some are flooded. With the development of electric light source and LED lighting fixture manufacturing technology, the direct lighting method has been able to avoid the visual damage caused by uncomfortable glare. Therefore, unless decorative requirements are required, do not use a lighting system that wastes light and is inconvenient to maintain. Various types of glow slots.
Use Light Sources With The Same Color Temperature To Avoid Confusion Of Light And Color
For the same functional area, surface and object, the light source with the same color temperature is used to make the color tone of the light environment uniform. As far as the lighting design of the hotel is concerned, because the emphasis is not on conflict and drama, the unified tone is in line with the characteristics of the hotel. We have noticed that some interior design companies in China have done well, but there are still many problems in this regard. For example, the Chimelong Hotel project designed by Guangzhou Jimei Group is very good in other aspects, but there are still some problems in lighting: some rooms use cool white light sources; some rooms have both warm white light sources and cool white light sources , making people feel very uncomfortable.
Select Illuminator With High Utilization Rate Of Luminous Flux
- Choose an illuminator with optimized parameters and high luminous flux utilization. We often encounter such a situation. Originally, the nominal total luminous flux of the light source is very high, but due to the selection of lamps with low luminous flux output efficiency, the theoretically calculated illuminance value and the actual illuminance value measured with an illuminance meter after completion The results vary widely.
- It is recommended that when there is any doubt about the efficiency parameters and light distribution curve parameters provided by the lighting manufacturer, it is recommended to entrust a unit with relevant testing equipment to conduct testing.
Choose The Right Light Distribution
According to the room-to-space ratio of different functional areas of the wine point, the light distribution parameters such as light intensity distribution, central light intensity and half light intensity of the light distribution curve are screened to avoid the loss of light flux in two aspects.
- For example, the front hall of the wine point is usually located on the podium of the building, and the ceiling is usually very high. It is very common to have a ceiling height of more than 6m. Choose an illuminator with a narrow beam angle and a long projection distance to prevent the upper part from being very bright , but the ground and the human activity area 1m above the ground are not bright enough;
- Conversely, if such a light distribution is used in areas with low ceilings such as guest rooms, there will be problems such as very bright ground and insufficient vertical illumination. The following two pictures are the light distribution comparison of PAR38/80W/beam angle 120 and PAR56/300W/beam angle 400.
The More Advanced The Hotel, The Higher The Color Rendering Index Of The Light Source
- The color rendering of the light source is generally evaluated by the CIE color rendering index, which is to display the color of more than 10 color samples including human skin color with the light source to be evaluated and the standard light source (full cloudy sky light) difference evaluation. Generally speaking, the higher the Ra of a light source, the better its color rendering.
- But it should be pointed out that because Ra is the average value of the color sample, although some light sources have a high color rendering index, they may not be good for a specific color. This should arouse the attention of hotel lighting design.
- In domestic lighting standards and design practices, color rendering has not been paid much attention to, and it is usually emphasized that light sources with high color rendering index are required only in places that require color identification. In fact, it is not the case. In places where people have more contact with each other, especially hotels, it is very important for guests to show a healthy complexion.
- In addition, the light source with good color rendering can have lower illuminance than the High Thermal Conductivity High Bay Light source with poor color rendering under the same conditions. This is not to say that color rendering can replace part of the illuminance, but that people feel clearer.
Lighting Variable Design For Different Functional Areas
There are three main lighting areas in the lobby space, which are the lighting of the entrance and front hall area, the lighting of the service desk and the lighting of the guest rest area. From the perspective of the lobby as a continuous space and from the perspective of lighting methods, in fact, the entrance and front hall should be the general lighting or global lighting of the lobby, and the lighting of the service desk and the guest rest area should be local lighting. The lighting should maintain the consistency of color temperature. Through the brightness contrast of the lighting in the three areas, the non-intimacy-scale space of the hotel lobby forms an interesting, continuous and undulating transition of light and shade, creating a friendly atmosphere as a whole.
(1) Entrance Door And Vestibule.
- Illumination requirements: on a horizontal plane 1m above the ground, the design illuminance should reach 500Lux.
- Color temperature requirement: about 3000K. If the color temperature is too low, the sense of space will appear narrow; if the color temperature is too high, the space will lack intimacy and be noisy, which will directly reduce the comfort of guests.
- Color rendering requirements: Ra>85. High color rendering can clearly show the skin color and various expressions of the receptionist and guests, leaving a deep and satisfactory impression on the guests.
- Regarding light distribution: if the height of the ceiling exceeds 6m, a point light source with a narrow beam illuminator is used on the ceiling to provide continuous and uniform brightness. Since the luminous point is not in the range of human vision, the luminaire can be open. Assuming that the distance from the ceiling to the ground is 6m, then the central light intensity of its light distribution curve should not be less than 500cd at 1m from the ground; if the jump height does not exceed 6m, it can be considered to use a strip or planar luminous ceiling for processing. Contrast modeling with 150lm/w to 180lm/w LED Stadium Light and shadow: learn from the experience of lighting design in European and American hotels, and in the future, you can consider designing floodlights with different angles in the entrance and front hall areas. Side lights are designed at both ends of the ceiling, and projected into the entrance area at an angle on the ceiling, which helps the hotel receptionists, porters and guests to express their bodies and form a three-dimensional effect. Such hotel lighting should be very advanced.
(2) Service Desk.
- Illumination requirements: Generally, a higher brightness of 750-1000Lux is used to highlight the importance of the general service desk, and quickly draw the guests’ sight here. In addition, it is also convenient for the receptionist to quickly process the registration and settlement work.
- Color temperature requirement: about 3000K, consistent with the entrance hall, further strengthening the friendly atmosphere.
- Color rendering requirements: Ra>85.
- On the one hand, it is because the guests and the receptionist have close contact at the service desk and need a healthy complexion; on the other hand, it is necessary to clearly identify the various documents required.
(3) Guest Rest Area.
- Illumination requirements: generally take 300-500Lux. If the illumination is too high, people’s behavior will be unstable; if the illumination is too low, people’s behavior will be too lazy.
- Color temperature requirement: about 3000K.
- Color rendering requirements: Ra>85.
The restaurant space is an important lighting area of the hotel. General hotels usually have Chinese-style restaurants and Western-style restaurants. Due to the differences in functions and uses, these two types of restaurants should be treated separately in lighting design.
(1) Chinese Restaurant
It is often used for business or other formal banquets, so the overall atmosphere of the lighting should be formal and friendly, and its general lighting illuminance is much higher than that of Western restaurants; the illuminance should be It is uniform, and there are few emotional fluctuations caused by brightness contrast; point light sources, strip light sources or various types of lanterns can meet good lighting requirements; in order to make the quality and color of dishes vivid and beautiful , in order to arouse appetite, the lighting of the dining table and desktop is the key point. It is best to use a light source with high color rendering to set the key lighting above the dining table. higher.
In addition, great attention should be paid to the light distribution to make the lighting full of three-dimensionality. In the practice of restaurant lighting design, we use wall lamps or several floodlights to correct the planarization of general lighting and strengthen the reproduction of human shapes, especially facial expressions and contours.
Illumination requirements: the illuminance of general lighting is 200Lux, and the illuminance of key lighting is 300Lux. As a supplementary side light, after the beam of the light source reaches the lighting object, the central light intensity is about 150cd. Color temperature requirements: about 3000K, and uniform and coordinated light and color are required. Color rendering requirements: Ra>90.
(2) Western-style Restaurants
Western-style restaurants are often used for informal business dinners, or dining places where the relationship between diners is more familiar and close, so the overall atmosphere of its lighting should be warm and emotional; the illuminance of its general lighting The value is much lower than that of Chinese-style restaurants; in addition, because of the informality of dining, it does not require lighting on people’s faces and expressions; It is easy to access, so its color rendering is very important.
Illumination requirements: 50-100 Lux for general lighting and 100-150 Lux for accent lighting. If there is side light, the light beam of the light source can be used to reach the lighting object, and the central light intensity is about 50cd. Color temperature requirements: about 3000K, and uniform and coordinated light and color are required. Color rendering requirements: Ra>90.
Hotel rooms should feel like home, where tranquility, comfort and intimacy are the typical keynotes.
- Illumination requirements: general lighting is 50-100 Lux, and the illuminance of guest rooms is lower to reflect the characteristics of quietness, rest and even laziness; however, local lighting, such as the lighting in front of the vanity mirror and reading lighting at the bedside, should provide sufficient illuminance , the illuminance value of these areas can be 300Lux; the most neglected is the writing lighting of the desk. At present, few hotels provide writing desk lamps (usually replaced by decorative desk lamps) to guests. As far as the hotels I have stayed in are concerned, Only the Sunshine Hotel in Shenzhen has such lighting, which is a very humanized lighting consideration.
- Color temperature requirement: about 3000K. Use a light source below 3500K in the bedroom and a light source above 3500K in the bathroom. Warm colors are required in the bedroom, and high color temperature is required in the bathroom to appear clean and refreshing.
- Color rendering requirements: Ra>90. Good color rendering can make customers feel more confident and comfortable.